shadynaiad: (Default)
[personal profile] shadynaiad
There's an old joke that goes like this:
The Professor came in and said "Good Morning" to all of us. When we echoed back to him, he responded "Ah, you're Freshmen."

He explained. "When you walk in and say good morning, and they say good morning back, they're Freshmen. When they put their cell phones down and open their books, they're Sophomores. When they look up so they can see the instructor they're juniors. When they put their feet up on the desks and keep texting, they're seniors."

"When you walk in and say good morning, and they write it down, they're graduate students."


I have to confess, my stats professor told a joke this week and I wrote it down. "To be a statistician you must be lazy, have nothing better to do, and live forever*".
But I wrote it down in case I needed it for a Highlander fic. Is that better or worse?

*Lazy because all the formulas deal with squared values because we're too lazy to take square roots. Nothing better to do for obvious reasons,and live forever because assumptions are based on infinite samples. It's not a very funny joke unless, y'know, you're a statistician.

Profile

shadynaiad: (Default)
shadynaiad

June 2020

S M T W T F S
 1234 56
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 20th, 2026 02:24 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios